Tuesday, November 25, 2008

fascinated by fascinators

I'm loving some of the headpieces that brides have been wearing recently, in lieu of veils. A lot of them are feathery numbers, some are just flowers, and some have a hint of a veil or 'birdcage' that falls over the eyes. I just learned that these pieces are called 'fascinators' and have been worn by women in England forever - however I just kind of re-discovered them as a bride's modern take on a vintage style {photo above of textile designer Heather Palmeri}.

I'm sure they would be easy to make, but a quick search on Etsy revealed a few fascinators that I love...and I wish I had discovered them last year before my wedding!

above by Portobello


above by FeatherBrain {and as seen on Gossip Girl}


by Myra Kim

above, cute little Flapper pieces, both by House of Telsa

No comments: