Monday, November 10, 2008

wedding planning update

So it seems to be a long time since I've given an update on my wedding plans. I think it would be a good idea to do a quick summary of what has been going on! I know some newer followers of our blog cannot figure out which one of us is getting married so to avoid any further confusion here is an abbreviated version of what has happened so far:

I, Shayna Bloomer, will be getting married next August in Israel. However, since many of my nearest and dearest will be unable to come ( AND since we need to legally get married in Canada anyways!) we will also be having a small little wedding on my family property in July. For my own pure enjoyment, I have decided to call the little wedding in July my "Practice Wedding". Since my wedding in Israel will be slightly more "traditional" I have decided that my Practice Wedding should be every wild and whimsical idea I've ever seen or thought of. I've also decided that I would like to keep the budget under $6000 and prove once and for all that it can be done! So as a result I am decorating creatively with found objects and it will be a cocktail style wedding with finger foods and a wine-only bar. Although it will be a wee wedding, it will be packed full of character, meaning and fun!

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Israel to finish all the planning for the Israel wedding. It looks like it will be the last time we'll be there before the wedding!! We'll be meeting with all the vendors and I'll finally be able to get into the venue to take some measurements and figure out once and for all what I'm up against! I'll try and blog about my travels while I'm away but in the meantime, here are a few more inspiration pics I've collected since the last time:

These adorable fabric birdies were found on the Spool Sewing blog. They also have a pattern you can download so you can make them yourself!! I'm thinking they would be a cute DIY project for the Practice Wedding. Although I don't know how to sew...

I bought these cuties from Chatelet. I might use them for both weddings...

Some pictures of our venue in Israel. Its called Shonit. I'll be getting more pictures of the layout once I get there. Can you believe I booked it without really seeing it for myself? I've seen the outside and I've been a bit further down on the beach. Its a stunning area and I'm told its incredible. Here's hoping!My glorious shoes came in! I saw them on one of my favorite wedding blog's Once Wed and was so excited. I was looking endlessly for aqua coloured shoes that would work for both a beachy wedding and my Practice Wedding and jeans! I ordered them from zappos.com, had them sent to our friend in NYC who then sent them on to me. It was quite the operation but well worth all the efforts. I'm in love...

No comments: