Thursday, January 8, 2009

doilies...the new generation!

As mentioned in a previous post, we grew up in a pretty doily-infused home. There wasn't a nic-nac to be found without a requisite doily under it. Funnily enough, our teenage rebellion came in the form of {gasp!} daring to remove the countless doilies from our mother's home decor. It makes me giggle to see how we are all implementing doilies back into our design again. Inspired by a post on Snippet & Ink awhile back that showed the adorable doily lanterns above, I was searching for some more doily inspirations for my Practice Wedding. Low and behold the more I clicked, the more I found, the more I found, the more in love I am with doilies and I just realized that I seem to have lost a good chunk of my day drooling over modern takes on the dusty, out-dated pieces of lace I used to roll my eyes at growing up! So mom...I apologize...I'm starting to realize that yes, somehow you were always right!
These following beauties were found on CasaSugar:

I so want this lamp!!


How amazing would these be on the dance floor??

I'd put my hot dishes on this felt doily every day! Why not?!


Isn't this amazing?



This cool rug is from Urban Outfitters.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

So glad you liked that post! Paul Lowe did a bunch of cool doily posts too:

http://sweetpaul.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/doilie-mania.html

http://sweetpaul.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/more-doilies.html

http://sweetpaul.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/doilie-jacket-g.html

{and inBloom Event Design} said...

Thanks so much! I think I need a part 2...I keep finding more and more and I would love to include these ones!