Wednesday, March 25, 2009

i heart the new 'original'

For the Canadian Event Industry Awards this Friday I was having a bit of a conundrum with what to wear. I seem to have collected a lot of business-casual wear that isn't cocktail appropriate, or everything is geared toward a sunny summer wedding. It occurred to me that, considering I live in Toronto - and 3/4 of the year is cold, wet, rainy or snowy - I should probably have more 'appropriate weather' dresses since its always a struggle trying to figure out what kind of sweater/shawl to wear, what kind of winter heels look good with a summer dress, how many layers I can hide underneath for warmth that won't be noticeable...

So walking along Queen Street, I'd gone through the usual stores but nothing stood out to me. Call me crazy, but I just don't want to look like I'm a 16 year old going to prom. Then I noticed that FX - my old dress shop staple turned unpredictable of late - has been taken over and wonderfully re-vamped by its original owner, Donna, into a new dress shop called....Original {note the website is still under construction but there should be something up soon}! This might just be my new favorite place to be! They have added a fab shoe store to the lower level with some great purses and a fantastically fun dress shop upstairs wher
e I found the perfect solution to my dress problem above, in a retro style that I love and accented by my favoritist thing of all...buttons! Hooray!

{Please don't judge my icky hair and winter white complexion...just focus on the delicious dress!}

No comments: