Wednesday, July 29, 2009

hello israel!

In light of our upcoming trip to Israel for my wedding, I decided to show you a little bit about this beautiful country we are going to see. Its funny because as I was researching Joelle Bloomer coincidentally sent me this link {Tel Me More, Tel Me More!} that she received today from DailyCandy! Such a clever title...wish I came up with it myself! It gives a few ideas of where to go in Tel Aviv. Specifically I'll be taking the family to shop on trendy Shenkin Street, for sweet potato latkes at Orna & Ella, and the Nachalat Binyamin market! We are also going up north to the the Golan Heights, to my favorite town Zichron Ya'akov, to Jerusalem, the Dead Sea and many, many of the glorious beaches. And oh yah...my wedding :)

I found some pictures on a blog called The Real Israel that I think are a great snapshot of what we'll be seeing. As for the wedding I'm pretty much done the planning however I'm still having trouble with the bouquet. Sadly poppies just aren't going to work there. I think I might research big orange dahlias instead...stay tuned!


{The Dead Sea...one of the most magical places to be!}


{View of Old Jerusalem}

{Artists' Colony in Einhod which is near Haifa}

{The stunning Bahai Temple in Haifa}

{The port in Haifa}


{Tel Aviv!}

No comments: