Wednesday, July 1, 2009

victorian house skater style




I think I've fallen in love - with a skater house! I saw this modernized Victorian house on Zinnia Boutique's blog (which I love by the way) and have followed their links to read further about it on the New York Times website. Oh my what an awesome house this is - I love everything about it. This is what happens when third generation skater kids (the real kind! not those who just want to sound cool) grow up to be 30, and become interior designers, like Claire Bigby, the owner of this home. I love how she's used black and white with pops of colour like blue and red. Now, I know I've had my beef with skaters (for all those who know me, you know what I'm talking about wink wink), but this sure is a beautiful manifestation of the style! {Pics 1,3,4,5,6 from New York Times. Pic 2 from Zinna's Boutique.}

No comments: