Friday, October 30, 2009

a pumpkiny party


A few weeks ago us Bloomers had a little pre-Hallowe'eny get together with some friends. And since we like to make things purty, we decided that our table setting should look as purty as can be. This is easy in the fall, with so many wonderful things to work with - fall colours, drying flowers, and of course punkins! I found these little ghostly ones, used at each place settings, at Loblaws; the tablecloth is a damask sheet I got from Urban Outfitters that I've been dying to use for something; the antiquey tea set is from my mom's collection; and the colourful hydrangeas were plucked from the garden. Not too shabby for a quickly pulled together look! And, of course I gave the photos a spooky sort of vintage effect {photos just look cooler with a vintage effect, no?}.

Hoping you all have a wonderful pumpkin carving, candy-eating, dress-upping weekend. Boo!