Wednesday, December 23, 2009

adventures of miss cuppie: the cupcake shoppe


After a brief hiatus, Miss Cuppie is back! Doing some Christmas shopping in the Yonge and Eglinton area yesterday, I decided to try out a cuppie at The Cupcake Shoppe, a cute little cupcakery with tons of deliciously decorated treats. Now I should let you know - yesterday was a sunny but frigid day in Toronto and in the morning I think the temps were around -20 degrees Celsius with the windchill. So with fingers too frozen to snap a pic of the storefront, I instead included a cute illustration from The Cupcake Shoppe's sweet website. I also nabbed a photo of their cuppies from their website too...it is just so much better than a photo I could take with my point-and-shoot!

I ended up buying two Christmassy, candy cane-topped cuppies for my hubby P. and I which we scarfed down after dinner last night. And the verdict? The icing was so-so {kind of bland} but the cake part moist and delish! I also decided that Miss Cuppie is much more fun when #1, it's a touch warmer outside, and #2 you are taste testing with a buddy. Anyone want to join me next time around?

See Miss Cuppie's other adventures here and here!

No comments: