Thursday, May 5, 2011

and i chose THIS little black dress for NYC...

...drum roll PLEASE........I FINALLy chose a little black dress from Canadian designer, Twenty Cluny!

Here are my "fashion model" shots {I think Craigger might have a future career in fashion photography - check his portfolio out at craigmorrison.ca - he's super super super!}



It is very slim fitting, nice straight lines, which I prefer. Plus the lace detailing is amazing. I loved the neckline of this dress. I think Sage (Joelle Bloomer's baby) agreed...she started drooling and babbled "oo oo oo" when she saw the lace...

closer up on the neckline for you to see.


and back: the lace detailing went around


with a really funky zipper down the back that gave it just a little bit of an edge.

So. This dress is by a Canadian designer (which also really attracted me to the final sale - supporting someone local!) called Twenty Cluny. Her real name is Sarah Rabkin, an architect who happened to attend the Golden Globes wearing her own dress (she had a passion), and then poof, her career started to skyrocket. She's relatively new, I believe, and has so far been worn by Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, Fergie and Megan Fox. Yay Canadians! But seriously, she is the QUEEN of the little black dress. And every woman should have a little black dress. So, if you need one, I'd highly suggest it!! Yes, that's my final advice. Fashion crash course for Melanie Bloomer is officially over. Phewf. Time to get back to decorating...

Oh, and here is the official model wearing the dress...sigh...



And here's a peek at some of the other little dresses in her collection that I liked. Pretty sexy stuff, no?









4 comments:

CĂ©leste Gagnon said...

very nice! And yes Craig is talented, and has a beautiful lady to model for him!
I kind of think it's funny you went to N.Y to find a Canadian designer ;)

StylinMommy said...

Owie Melanie you look fantastic! Hope it went well!!!

{and inBloom Event Design} said...

thanks guys!
haha, celeste, i didn't go to New York to find it. I found it here to wear to New York! Gotta support Canada in the US no? ;) Well, that and I really liked the dress!

Celeste said...

ha ha, well that makes much more sense! Yay for the support of our Canadian designers!